Tuesday 24 May 2011

Salt, or not to salt, that is the question

Good tuesday everyone.

Can we discuss salt intake.  I have been aware for a while, that we as a whole, we ingest way too much salt.  I must admit that i love salt, but i suspect it is affecting my health.  I add salt to most foods and enjoy it immensely.  I have been working to reduce the additional salt in my foods.

To do that, i have started using fresh ground pepper, garlic, cumin, paprika and other spices.

The reason i decided to write about that today is Jillian Michaels.  She did a podcast today talking about salt and i agree with her point of view.  We have so much salt in our diets which makes us hold on to water and this forces the heart to work harder to combat this.

I have high blood pressure and take meds to combat this, so i will be trying hard over the next few weeks to not add more salt to my foods and get flavour from natural ingredients aside from salt.

I want to be healthier.  I am also starting to walk every day for at least 10-15 minutes, preferably 30 minutes or more.

I wish good health to everyone and hope that i can improve my health as well.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment